What Is A Board-Certified Specialist?
There are several factors that are important when selecting an attorney. First, you want someone who is knowledgeable and experienced in handling injury cases (versus an attorney who is a “jack of all trades, and master of none”). Just as you would not go to your family doctor for back surgery; you should not trust any attorney with your workers’ compensation or personal injury claim.
Dombrowski Law Group, LLC, concentrates on personal injury and workers’ compensation. We have handled and successfully resolved hundreds of personal injury and workers’ compensation through trial, arbitration and mediation.
Board Certification: What To Know
The Workers’ Compensation Section of the Connecticut Bar Association has created the Workers’ Compensation Certification Program to help the public to identify attorneys who are competent, experienced and skilled in the area of workers’ compensation law and to raise the level of practice in this area of the law.
Attorney Robert Dombrowski is a board-certified workers’ compensation specialist. This is an honor reserved for attorneys who demonstrate the highest knowledge of and commitment to the practice of workers’ compensation law. Currently, in Connecticut, there are fewer than 60 attorneys who have achieved this designation.
Why The Honor Is Rare
Attorneys who have attained the designation “Board-Certified Workers’ Compensation Specialist” have satisfied the following requirements:
- Demonstrated that no less than 25% of their total practice has been in the area of workers’ compensation law.
- Engaged in the practice of law in Connecticut for at least five years and been a member in good standing of each bar in which the attorney is admitted.
- Maintained a malpractice policy with minimum limits of $300,000 per occurrence.
- Have a satisfactory disciplinary and malpractice history.
- Participated in a minimum of 36 hours of continuing legal education activities in the area of workers’ compensation law in the three years prior to filing the application.
- Have a minimum of five references from other attorneys knowledgeable regarding the applicant’s practice and competence.
- Have passed a rigorous one-day written examination.
- Only attorneys who have been formally certified may use the designation “Board-Certified Workers’ Compensation Specialist” on business cards, letterheads and other printed advertisements.
This selective list of criteria is a testament to how difficult and unique it is to achieve the honor of board certification.
We Also Give Personalized Attention To Your Needs
You should feel comfortable with your attorney’s abilities as well as the attention paid to you and your workplace injury case. At Dombrowski Law Group, LLC, you can be confident that we have the experience and also know that you can call the attorney at any time if you have a question or problem. Although we have more than one client, we recognize that you only have one case. This means that we will give you and your case the attention it deserves.
Learn More In A Free Initial Consultation
If you are interested in filing a workers’ compensation claim, it is time to get the knowledgeable help that we can provide. Contact us for a free, no-risk initial consultation. Call 860-219-0779 or send us an email.